✩ Preschool and Kindergarten Printables for Letter J
✩ Letter formation: handwriting, playdough mat, dot the letter
✩ Letter Identification: uppercase and lowercase sort, maze, find it page
✩ Letter Sounds: sight word book, poem, worksheets, sorting cards
The activities in this digital download focus on 3 things: letter recognition, letter formation, and letter sounds. Little learners learn best through play and hands-on activities. Some activities are open-ended so you can do what feels right for you and your child, and you can also use supplies you already have on hand.
- 5 Day Lesson Plan + Library List
- My Poem
- Circle the Sound- identify letter sounds
- Blank J (uppercase & lowercase)- blank letter J to use to practice fine motor skills and letter formation, fill in the letter with paint, stamps, stickers, or anything you have at home
- Letter Maze- distinguish between uppercase letters to identify the correct letter
- Find the Letter- distinguish between lowercase letters to identify the correct letter
- Dot the Letter (uppercase & lowercase)-use a cotton swab and paint to dot the letter reinforcing letter formation and fine motor skills
- Write It- trace the uppercase and lowercase letter reinforcing letter formation
- Graph It-count the objects that start with the letter and color in the boxes on the graph
- Letter J Book- six page book featuring high frequency words and letter J words
- Letter J Cards-15 color cards that feature words that begin with letter J
- Sorting Cards- use with the Letter J Cards to find different ways to sort the pictures
- Build It: Playdough Mat- develop fine motor skills and work on letter formation (I recommend to print on cardstock and laminate)
- Letter J Sorting Game- distinguish between uppercase and lowercase letters by sorting the jaguars on the correct side of the jungle
- Letter Puzzles-cut apart and match uppercase, lowercase, and beginning sounds of the letter
---PREP WORK NEEDED---
This is a low prep activity pack. After printing, you will need to cut out the set of uppercase and lower case letters and the letter cards. Laminate the playdough mat or place it in a plastic sleeve protector.
This is a 26 page PDF digital download.